Terms & Conditions
We accept Visa / Delta / Mastercard. Cash payments can be made in person at the Box Office and shop.
You can have confidence that the online ticket-buying, donation and shopping system is fully secure.
Tickets and events
Booking tickets online
Customers can choose at point of sale to receive tickets via email or to collect them from the Box Office (Number 11 North Main Street, Wigtown).
If you choose tickets via email you will receive an email with PDF attachment(s). Please download the tickets and either print them or display them on your device to be shown at the door.
If you choose to collect your tickets from the Box Office please allow plenty of time.
Buying books and gifts online: please see further information below.
Booking tickets in person
If you purchase tickets in person at the Box Office, your ticket will be printed at the point of purchase.
Refunds on tickets
Tickets cannot be exchanged nor money refunded except in the instance of event cancellation.
Event cancellations are unlikely, however, with 200 authors and performers travelling to Wigtown from across the UK, the programme can be affected by public transport cancellations and unexpected illnesses.
In the unlikely event of cancellation, we will contact you with the email address provided when booking, at the earliest time possible.
A full credit refund will be issued on your tickets, which will be automatically added to your account. If you did not make an account at the point of purchase, please bring your ticket to the box office, or contact the box office over the phone, and we will help you make an account.
Credit can be used to purchase:
- Tickets for other events, including other Wigtown Festival Company events through the year.
- Books and gifts during the festival from Number 11 and the Festival Bookshop.
- Wigtown Festival Company products at the festival Kist.
- Books and gifts year-round from our Number 11 shop.
- Books and gifts from our online shop.
Events and seating
Tickets will be scanned at the door. Please make sure you have your ticket ready when you enter an event.
Events are an hour long unless otherwise specified in the event listing.
All our seating is unreserved (seats do not have numbers).
Please arrive in good time for your event. Latecomers will not be admitted. Refunds will not be given to latecomers. If you are collecting your tickets from the Box Office, please allow adequate time to do this and then proceed to the venue.
Data Protection and Photography
Customer information will only be used for purposes of contract fulfilment unless specified otherwise.
Members of our marketing team take photographs throughout the festival and across Wigtown. For those who do not want photographs of themselves to be published, we will have orange lanyards available at the box office. Please collect an orange lanyard to wear during your visit. Any images containing an orange lanyard will not be made public.
We are committed to making our events as accessible as possible. Please view our accessibility guide for more information.
If you have any specific requirements, please phone the Box Office and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Code of Conduct
Wigtown Festival Company is committed to a zero-tolerance policy for harassment or intimidation toward its speakers, volunteers and staff. This includes but is not limited to: vulgar, obscene, and abusive language; name-calling; taunting; and any conduct that demeans a person/group on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, creed, age, or disability. Any attendee (in person or online) in breach of this policy will be immediately removed; we will report all hate crimes to the police.
- Wigtown Festival Company reserves the rights to refuse admission or to alter the advertised programme.
- The use of photographic, video or recording equipment by members of the audience is prohibited at all Wigtown Book Festival events unless special permission is granted in writing, in advance. For permissions contact the Festival office by email on email@example.com
Buying books and gifts online
Postage and packing
UK Orders will be shipped by second class postage. Please allow 3 - 5 days for your order to be processed.
- Books, UK addresses: £3.50 post and packing per order, UK addresses.
- Books, overseas addresses: £15.00 post and packing per order, Overseas addresses.
- Art and craft: post and packing individually priced.
- Gift vouchers: these are delivered by email and redeemable in the online store only..
Click and collect
We aim to have your order ready for collection within 3 working days, but will email you to let you know when it is available to save you having a wasted journey.
Wigtown Festival Company, 11 North Main Street, Wigtown, DG8 9HN
- Wigtown Festival Company will exchange or refund your items on presentation of a valid receipt.
- Goods must be returned with a genuine reason within 30 days of purchase and be in perfect condition in their original packaging.
- Your right to an exchange of faulty/damaged items has a return period greater than 30 days in accordance with your statutory rights.
- We will refund to your original payment method.
Wigtown Book Festival is a charity and ticket sales make up a substantial part of our income. Since 2020, however, the impact of the pandemic has meant our box office revenue has been severely reduced, while many of our costs are fixed. Every gift, no matter how small, helps us deliver the festival and our other charitable activities, including our year-round activities for young people.